How To Use The ACME Mapper
There are a bunch of different ways you can use the Mapper to find things.
- If you already know the latitude and longitude, from using a GPS
box or from some reference source, just type it into the Lat/Long
box and hit return or click Go.
- If you don't know the latitude and longitude, try using either
the Well-Known Locations page or the Find form.
You can find ZIP codes, place names, or street addresses.
- Clicking on the map zooms it in one step towards the point
you clicked on.
The little red marker should indicate where you clicked.
If you're already zoomed in all the way, the map just re-centers,
it doesn't change scale.
- You can use the N/S/E/W/etc. buttons to move around without zooming in.
- You can use the In and Out buttons to zoom single steps without moving.
- You can use the Scale popup menu to set the zoom level directly, in order
to change it more than one step at a time.
By the way, the m/p numbers on the popup indicate meters per pixel.
- Don't forget to check out the "Well-known locations" link at the bottom.
If you see your city listed, maybe you can zoom in and find your house.
- Also, switching between Image and Topo modes can help you figure
out where you are.
Once you get to an image you'd like to keep, you can use the Save button.
What this does is produce a single consolidated image out of the
multiple image tiles on the main page.
The single image can be saved to your system just like any other
image, with a right mouse click or whatever you use.
ACME Labs / ACME Mapper / Instructions